Thursday 8 August 2019

Get knitting!





I'm going to be a Grandma,
Yes its true!
Shall I knit pink?
Or maybe with blue.

I haven't knitted,
For many a year,
But I'll give it a go,
For clothes are so dear.

I pick up the needles,
Get out the book,
What shall I knit?
I'll give it a look.

Ah that one looks simple,
I knit my first row,
But soon I've gone wrong!
Confound it, oh blow!

I unravel the wool,
Try it once more.
Oh no, not again,
This is becoming a bore!

I will persevere,
I'll soon get it right,
I'll try oh so hard,
With all of my might.

Hooray, It's gone right!
I'm now going good,
Maybe after the cardy,
I'll knit it a hood.

A few weeks have gone by,
And I've re-learned the craft.
I've a pile of clothing,
It was worth all the graft.

When the baby is born,
It will have lots of nice bits,
And I'll be a Granny,
A Granny who knits!

No comments:

Post a Comment