Monday 9 March 2020

I hate odd socks!


I look and I sigh,
Laying right there,
Is a little white sock,
Without it's white pair!

The basket is empty,
I've ironed all the stuff.
But the sock is still mocking,
I'm just one, so tough!

It has to be somewhere!
I look high and then low.
If I were a sock,
Where would I go?

Down the back of the basket?
In the machine?
Walked off alone?
Now that would be mean!

On the floor in the bathroom?
No, there isn't a sign!
It's so frustrating,
Where are you! I whine.

Time's getting on,
It still isn't found,
I've hunted up high,
And down on the ground!

Time for a cuppa,
I'm feeling quite beat!
Without a pair,
Of socks for me feet.

It's now time for bed,
And the curtains are drawn,
Up the steps,
I go with a yawn.

Three steps up, I look down,
Down on the stair,
A little white sock,
Is sitting, right there!

I'm sure that the sock,
Is laughing and mocks,
I really, really,
Hate those odd socks!!

2 comments:

  1. Hahah love it! I think I've been lucky in life, only rarely experiencing the odd sock debacle.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we must have your share here. Sometimes they can go missing for weeks before popping back up in a place that I'm sure that I looked in before. Sometimes they never turn up!

      Delete