Monday 30 September 2024

        The call of nature                                        



I'm sat on the loo,

Answering the call!

It's all peace and quiet,

Out in the hall.


Then...............


Bang,bang bang,

Knocks on the wood.

Granddaughter's there,

And she's up to no good


Thump, thump, thump,

She wants to come in,

I'll be out in a minute,

I say with a grin.


I'm feeling quite safe,

She can't reach the handle,

No matter how much,

She thumps with that sandal!


Big sister is talking,

Grandma's having a poo!

Do you want to go in,

Do you feel the need too?


My heart gives a thump,

Oh dear this is bad!

The door slowly opens,

And round creeps a hand!


In she toddles,

A grin on her lips,

She stands quite near me,

With her hands on her hips.


My husband hears,

My shout and my cry,

In he runs,

And swings her up high!


He shuts up the door,

And laughs as he goes,

Better get on now,

I think, I suppose.


But oh, woe is me.

For now I'm alone

The urge has quite passed!

The moment has flown!


So I exit the room,

Go wash my hands,

Smile at the children,

Such cute little lambs!

No comments:

Post a Comment