Wednesday 31 January 2018

D-lightful!

I went to the Doc,
Just the other day,
Cos, I was feeling ill,
In many a way!

Aching and tired,
Tingly and numb,
Dragging around,
Feeling quite glum!

Ah, I need some blood,
To do a quick test,
Then go home and wait,
While we do the rest.

A few days did pass,
Oh dear, what is wrong,
Please hurry up,
What's taking so long!

At last, a call,
To tell me my ills,
We can fix this,
With a course of some pills.

Its quite simple you know,
You're lacking in D,
That vitamin from sunshine,
Is too low in me!

I pick up my pills,
Some yellow, some green!
Just one a day,
I take one, quite keen.

It's a long old job,
Three months on the dose,
But it will all be worth it,
When it comes to the close.

I'm already feeling better,
After a couple of days,
Finish em up,
And my spirits will raise.

The moral is learned,
To keep up my D,
A short time outside,
When the sun I do see.

Maybe a few pills as well,
And I'll be right as rain,
Happy and smiling,
As health I regain.

4 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed with chronic Vit D deficiency last year and went on a high prescription dose for a few months, now have to take it daily for life. Definitely an undervalued and under-appreciated vitamin. Love the poem!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will have to take them for life too. I'd rather take a pill a day than feel like I have been. I'm glad that you like it :)

      Delete
  2. Great poem, thanks for sharing! I didn't realise you could feel so grotty if not getting enough Vitamin D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can cause all sorts of problems if it gets very low. We generally feel better on a sunny day, because our bodies naturally synthesise the vitamin from sunlight to top up our levels.

    ReplyDelete