Tuesday 8 January 2019

I've reached the menopause!



I've reached the menopause!
I'm sorry, its true!
But life goes on,
I shouldn't be blue.

Parts of me are dry,
Both outside and in!
Moisture is needed.
I say with chagrin.

My boobs! They've gone south,
No longer so pert,
I'm down in the mouth!
They're tucked into my skirt!

My hairs falling out,
And getting quite grey,
I think its distinguished,
In a most special way.

Oh the hot flushes,
By day and by night!
I throw off the covers,
Give hubby a fright!

Now my middle,
That's something new!
It's now rather round,
Oh horror, it grew!

So many things,
Are changing these days,
My youth is receding,
In so many ways!

But am I disheartened?
No, not at all,
I'm embracing my age,
I'm having a ball!

I no longer put up,
With that 'lady time'
I do what I like,
I run, jump and climb!

Life's feeling good,
I'm happy and well,
Retirement's coming,
And that will be swell.

So my dear readers,
If you're 'At that time'
Don't feel alone,
Enjoy reading this rhyme.

1 comment: