Friday 1 February 2019

I need some more milk!


I need some more milk!
I'll nip up the shop,
To buy a few pints,
It's only a short hop.

I go to the door,
Put on my shoes,
But oh, what's that out there?
That's some bad news.

Snow! Lots of snow,
Piled up high,
I'm stuck, I shout,
Looking up at the sky.

I can't open the door!
It's up to my knees!
It's cold and its dark!
Go away please.

I have a shovel!
That will get me out.
But wait, it's in the shed.
Can't reach it, I pout.

I've got some milk,
But it's made out of rice.
I'll try it in tea,
No, it's not very nice!

Looks like I'm stuck,
Can't get to the shop,
But at least its warm,
Under a blanket, I hop.

I spend the day,
Watching telly and stuff,
Tidying the house,
Till I'm quite out of puff!

I've plenty of food,
So its really not bad,
But I can't feed the birdies,
They'll be feeling quite sad.

It's now time for bed,
I hope and I pray,
That the weather gets better,
And the snow goes away!

2 comments:

  1. And that's when we need these Amazon drone things to fly over and deliver us milk! I hope the snow has eased up and disappeared by now where you are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the snow has all gone now, thankfully. A drone would have been very useful on that day.

      Delete