Friday 18 March 2016

How is your mood?

Yesterday, I went for a routine Doctor's appointment. Part way through the consultation, he asked me how my mood was.

My reply was that I was fine thank you. And I am.

Over the last weeks, I have realised what is important in my life.

What needs to be addressed, what I have to be thankful for, what a blessed life that I have led up until now, and that I hope to lead for many years yet to come.

We do not know what fate has in store for us, or how long we have left on this Earth.

The most important thing that I have realised is that life is to be enjoyed, to be lived.

We should grab it, enjoy it, run with it.

Many people, when they find themselves at an uncertain or difficult point in their lives, turn in upon themselves, ask why me?

They can become depressed and withdrawn, they can't see any joy in their lives.

Dwelling on the unfairness in our lives does no good, it poisons our souls, makes life a dull, dark and stressful place.

Instead we should focus on what we do have, what is good, what we have achieved, and what we can yet achieve.

We should, literally, count our blessings.

See the good, see the blessings, be happy, be free, live.

No comments:

Post a Comment