Sunday 8 March 2015

Keep up!





When I was young, there were no mobiles phones, no computers, no games consoles, no Facebook or Twitter.


How things have changed in just a few short years. Technology and life in general moves so fast that sometimes it is difficult to keep up.

Self service tills, mobile wallets, online banking, smart televisions, things change, things evolve.

I remember taking appointments in an office and writing them in a book, because there wasn't a computer.

To do my weekly food shop, I had to pull a loaded trolley back up the hill from the shops. Now I shop online and get it delivered to my door.

But, if the computer system breaks down, everything grinds to a halt because we have become so reliant on technology.

Although we often yearn for the simpler life, before modern technology, if we do not keep up, then we will be at a real disadvantage.

We must embrace these new things in order for life to run smoothly, no matter how much we would like not to at times.

So the next time you go shopping, give that self service till a try, it may be easier than you think.

Keep up, keep living, keep learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment