Saturday 19 April 2014

Chocolate Chai Latte review






Chai Latte is a blend of tea, milk, spices and chocolate. It comes as a powder which is added to hot water or milk to make a drink. Around 3 teaspoons is the recommended amount for one cup.

It is 99% caffeine free, has around 91 calories per 20grm serving and is suitable for vegetarians. It retails at around £2.50 for a 250grm tub.

I decided to try the Chai Latte with hot water. First impressions were good. It was a rich, deep chocolate colour and the aroma was good - chocolate and spice.

But, on tasting, I found it quite a strange mixture. I like my tea to taste of tea and my chocolate to taste of, well, chocolate. I found it rather too sweet and it left my mouth feeling a bit thick. It was nice, but would I buy another tub? I think the answer would have to be no. There are others that think that this drink is wonderful, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. (pardon the pun)

If you like trying something a bit different, and quite like the idea of a mixture of flavours, then maybe it's for you. But personally, I'm off to put the kettle on for a nice refreshing cup of standard tea.




No comments:

Post a Comment