Saturday 5 April 2014

Gravity movie review



Gravity is a 2013 sci-fi thriller directed by Alfonso Cuarón.

It is set during a ficticious space shuttle mission. Dr Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) is an engineer on her first mission and is accompanied by veteran astronaut Matt Kowalski (George Clooney). Whilst they are on extra-vehicular activity, debris collides with the shuttle, damaging it irreparably. They are left adrift in space. Will they survive? Will they get back to Earth?

I'd seen trailers for this film and thought that it looked just the sort of movie that I would enjoy, so when it beckoned to me, I bought it.

I watched the blu-ray version and the graphics and special effects are stunning. The soundtrack is a bit odd at times, switching from music and kerbooms, to the silence inside of the astronaut's helmet. But I think that just adds to the tension.

The film keeps you on the edge of your seat from a few minutes in, right up until the last few minutes. The story is a little predictable, but still pulls you in.

If you enjoy a good sci-fi or thriller movie, then this film has both in spades. If you get the chance to watch it, I'm sure that you will enjoy it - if only for the stunning scenes of Earth from space.

No comments:

Post a Comment