Wednesday 2 April 2014

Mexican Dave's Legendary Tortilla Chips review


I do like my savoury snacks, so when I saw these, I couldn't wait to tuck in.

The chips contain no MSG, artificial flavourings or preservatives and are suitable for vegetarians.

The flavour which I tried was Nacho cheese. They come in a big sharing bag weighing 225grm. That's enough chips for the whole family to enjoy. And at just £1 a bag, they won't break the bank either, so they're perfect for that movie night in.

On opening the bag, the chips smell nice and cheesy. But will they pass my discerning family's test taste?

In texture, they are what you would expect - dry and crunchy. Some are a little 'bubbled', but that doesn't really detract from the overall crunch of the product.

The cheese strength. Well, I like my cheese, well, cheesey and these chips fell a bit short of the mark in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, you can't have to much cheese! But, if you don't like your chips too full on in the strength of taste department, then these will serve you just fine. And the bonus is, they are almost half the price of Doritos.

If they are going to be smothered in melted cheese or used with a dip, then these chips would suit very well and are a bargain price.



No comments:

Post a Comment