Saturday 18 April 2015

The drowning pool


 The world is closing in around me, dark and cloying. I feel as though I am losing my identity, my purpose.


There is no light at the end of the tunnel, it is just one day, following on from the last. No beginning, no end.

One day blurs into another, there are weekends to look forward to, but they are so fleeting, full to the brim with the things that I cannot do whilst I am in the drowning pool.

There are people who's pool is bright and clear. They are the lucky ones. They spend their days swimming in azure warm water enjoying each day with relish.



Years pass by. I strive, I work. Hoping upon hope that I can finally draw closer to my azure dream............



Now, I can see the light - the barest glimmer of bright blue!

I can finally leave the drowning pool.

I haul myself out of it's dark prison to join the lucky ones in the clarity of their crystal pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment